Monday, March 21, 2016

Cabin Kitchen Re-fresh Part 2



After re-finishing the kitchen island, we had one more project to finish updating the kitchen at my parents cabin. I wanted to remove the old curtains that were in some of the cabinets and replace it with chicken wire.
First I removed the curtains. Then I unscrewed the doors from the hinges.
I bought a role of chicken wire at Home Depot and some brown spray paint.
You'll also need a pair of wire cutters, some plastic to paint on, a staple gun and some patience.
The hardest part was measuring the chicken wire and cutting it with the wire cutters to fit in the door frame. Once I had all my pieces cut to fit the doors, I laid them out on the plastic and spray painted them. I did 2 coats of paint on each side, letting it dry between coats.
Once the paint was completely dry I laid the wire on the door frame and began stapling it around the edges while holding it taunt. Finally, I put the doors back on their hinges. I'm so happy with the final result!

Before, with curtains

Cabinets in the background with curtains




Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment